View Single Post
March 20th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Margaret
Hi Norina,

I didn't read all the responses, but I 2nd, 3rd and 4th you finding another doctor pronto.

* First, the lack of compassion and understanding is horrendous even if it were true there was a problem. Geez, how would he relay other potential problems?

* Second, 7 weeks is typically to early to determine anything (absent bleeding, severe cramping, medical history or other evidence of a problem).

* Finally, it is unethical for a doctor to discuss your medical history with a receptionist and for her to relay a message. (I'm not saying receptionists aren't privy to your records, but they are not supposed to be relaying medical information). If anything, that is a nurse's job.

I'm happy that everything is fine with your pregnancy. However, I imagine the stress of a thick-headed narcissist who is too busy to pick up the phone and comfort you after terrifying you is not good for you or your baby. I apologize if this is really mean, but I'm very angry this happened to you. I have no idea why doctors are the only people who are revered for being "special" when they have to have no real-life experience interacting with people before obtaining authority.

BTW, the answer to your original question is I could feel my baby's pulse at 10.5 weeks through my body (which is when I found out I was pregnant). I could see it and hear it at my first appointment at 12 weeks.

All the best to you,
Margaret