View Single Post
February 1st, 2009, 07:20 AM
~Valerie~
Quote:
I did my son's nursery in NoJo Jungle Babies too! I love the set! It's green and yellow versus the popular blue for boys. And, the animals are so cute. It had all my fave animals - monkey, giraffe, elephant, and tiger - except for a lion. The little frog is cute too. We got a lot of the set but also personalized it with many other things.

Outside of the 4-piece bedding set, I got the:
stuffed monkey
lamp
nightlight (I don't like it though because it doesn't give off enough light. So, we got a different one.)
wall adhesives
big toddler blanket (green one with giraffe, monkey, tiger, & frog)
smaller baby blanket (yellow one with lion & palm tree)

I didn't get the:
frog stuffed animal (it wasn't half as cute as the monkey)
light switch (didn't want to change this out in any of our bedrooms)
rug (I was afraid it would be a tripping hazard in a carpeted nursery. If we had wood/pergo floors in the nursery, I would have gotten it.)
wall hangings (because I made my own)
baskets with matching liner (I just wanted green gingham ones so I might be able to use them in the future.)
mobile (I didn't get it because it didn't move and/or have music...I can't remember exactly now.)
hamper (I got the clothe one that matched DD's nursery and I just rather have a plastic one I can toss around if need be.)

I made animal silhouettes. I'm not happy with how the elephant turned out. I should have used a different silhouette. But, overall, I'm happy with the results. I picked fabrics in red, yellow, and green to match the set. I also did his letters in the silhouettes because I wanted something different than the wood letters (that we did for DD's nursery).

(The pics are bad because of the flash, but with one small window I couldn't get enough light into the room to not use the flash.)

Close-up of elephant.

The frog silhouette and some of the wall adhesives.

His name on one corner wall above the crib.

I also added two wall quotes.

On one corner of the crib.

Above the changing table. (I got the wood lion and monkey from BRU.) The diaper cake matched perfectly but has since been used.

Close-up of the quote. (Fuzziness is only the picture quality. The quote is perfect.)

Above the bookcase, I put a shelf with stuffed animals (monkey matches the set) and a Just Like Daddy book with coordinating giraffes.

I also used a wood pull along frog (Melissa & Doug brand) as decor on the bookcase since the set has a frog in it.

Here are some more wall adhesives - that are reuseable - above the closet.

The crib, mobile, name silhouettes, and wall quote.

If we have another son, I'm going to get these custom-made matching wall letters from Ebay to add to the nursery.

If you're interested in the stuffed animals, wall adhesives, and/or organizing baskets to match the set, I've only seen them at Baby Depot other than online.

Three years ago, for my daughter's set - Lamb & Ivy's Secret Garden - we got everything that matched the set except the wall border (we painted our own). That's what you often do with your first baby and then you learn what you want to do differently the second time around. But, we still personalized it with the wall border, a wall quote above the crib, and wood letters of her name.[/b]
That's a really nice looking room