View Single Post
February 4th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Super Mommy
I feel kind of like I'm doing all this for the first time. I had an amazing home birth Dr for my first 2 home water births. I never had any qualms about anything, I trusted him explicitly, I never even made a birth plan or anything. I'd known him for awhile before my pregnancies, knew people that had used him and couldn't say enough good things about him. He was completely commited to letting the woman in labor give birth her way.
Now this time around I am in Canada, the restrictions are pretty bad on midwives. I've heard that even the midwives encourage you to give birth in the hospital attended by a midwife "just in case". And there is a shortage, only 30% of ladies requesting one get one. I don't know anybody yet (we just moved here 8 weeks ago) so I have zero recommendations from anyone, and I am just happy to get any midwife at all, I really want a home birth!! I have been accepted by a midwifery clinic (I have a good health history and I'm young) but now I feel like I have no wiggle room. My first appointment is Friday and I am all worried. I feel like asking anything is pointless because I'm stuck with her no matter what. What if I hate her? I don't like people telling me what to do, especially when I'm in labor. I don't really know how to feel, I'm just stressing about this whole thing.
Melissa