View Single Post
February 10th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm totally ready to be done. I'm there both physically AND mentally. ha ha. I even started "nesting" yesterday in the form of trying to rearrange my bedroom and get rid of all the dust and get it completely NICE AND CLEAN. I'm starting to feel the pressure of the short amount of time I have left to get things in order. I haven't even FOUND all my baby stuff. Fortunately it's all just stuff and the baby doesn't really NEED any of it. I'll find it eventually. I did go out and buy a few 0-3 mo things for her since I gave away all my baby clothing to a friend in that particular size (the month BEFORE I found out I was preggo. Go figure!).

Strangely, I had a lot of totally unfounded fear surrounding this impending birth so I requested another ultrasound. I've never had more than one during a pregnancy. I went in last week and just seeing her in there, all perfect, practicing breathing and sucking her thumb made all my fears melt right away! I got a renewed sense of excitement and anticipation that I'd been lacking since the beginning of this pregnancy. It really DID something for me, mentally, to see her again. PLUS I was reassured that she was INDEED a she. I had my doubts. I really am not into suprises at this point in my life (though any baby is a blessing). I just like to be prepared.

Anyhow, that's where I'm at! :-) I'll be 37 weeks on the 20th of this month, so anytime from then on I'm good to go for my home delivery!!!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~