View Single Post
February 11th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thea turned 6 months old last week. I still don't know how time can be flying by so fast! She weighs 14 lbs 13 oz (25%, which is great b/c that is always where she is so she is growing steadily) & is still about 26" tall. Her excema was flaring up last week, but using Aveeno Soothing Cream a few times a day has really helped.
In the past week started sitting up. Then I gave her her 1st hair cut b/c her hair was in her eyes. I was nervous, but it wasn't as hard as I thought and everyone says it looks good. Then I started feeding her foods. I am amking all of her baby food. We started out with mashed avacodos and she does great with them. The first feeding, she was even grabbing the sppon and trying to feed herself. And, somehow, feeding her is not as messy as I figured it would be. Also, she can hold herself up standing up.
She hasn't been sleeping well, but she had been sick then all this new stuff has been going on. Plus she might have been having a growth spurt so she was wanting to nurse more often at night. But last night she slept longer than she ever has before so I am hoping we have turned the corner on that. I was getting even more tired than usual. Until last night, I don't think I had had more that two hours of sleep at a time for at least a couple of weeks.
here are a few milestone pics,... enjoy! (Don't worry, I will save a pic or two for Watch me Grow Wednesday )