View Single Post
February 22nd, 2009, 09:28 PM
Regular
I woke up on Thursday at 4 am to what felt like my water breaking. I was 2 days past my due date and very excited. I shook hubby awake and sent him to gather towels so I could stand up without making a big mess. He brought me some towels, I stand up with one between my legs, look down at the bed. It is full of blood. Blood is gushing out from between my legs. I hop into the shower to rinse off, call my midwife and she tells me to go to the hospital. I go straight to the hospital. Bleeding has stopped but I have a total placenta previa. By noon that day I was being cut open. C-Sections hurt like crazy and I cannot imagine why anyone would choose to have one if they did not have too.

This is one of those times that I am very grateful for the doctors and the hospitals. I had such wonderful and kind people taking care of me. I feel very blessed that my baby is healthy and that I did not lose her. Her name is Grace. She was my smallest baby. 8 lb 2 oz, 20 inches long. She has a head full of dark hair and she is perfect in everyway.

As surprised as I am, I do not mourn the loss of my homebirth. I know that I made every attempt to have a normal healthy birth and when that was not possible, I did what needed to be done. While I was in the OR, I had my tubes tied so this will be my last birth.

So I had one induced hospital birth from hell, 2 lovely spiritual homebirths, and one c-section that I am very grateful for. (But recovery is really big PAIN and I would rather push a 15 pound baby out anyday!!
Expecting #4 in February!!
</div>

<div align="center"></div>