View Single Post
February 23rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
Regular
Quote:
Quote:
I woke up on Thursday at 4 am to what felt like my water breaking. I was 2 days past my due date and very excited. I shook hubby awake and sent him to gather towels so I could stand up without making a big mess. He brought me some towels, I stand up with one between my legs, look down at the bed. It is full of blood. Blood is gushing out from between my legs. I hop into the shower to rinse off, call my midwife and she tells me to go to the hospital. I go straight to the hospital. Bleeding has stopped but I have a total placenta previa. By noon that day I was being cut open. C-Sections hurt like crazy and I cannot imagine why anyone would choose to have one if they did not have too.

This is one of those times that I am very grateful for the doctors and the hospitals. I had such wonderful and kind people taking care of me. I feel very blessed that my baby is healthy and that I did not lose her. Her name is Grace. She was my smallest baby. 8 lb 2 oz, 20 inches long. She has a head full of dark hair and she is perfect in everyway.

As surprised as I am, I do not mourn the loss of my homebirth. I know that I made every attempt to have a normal healthy birth and when that was not possible, I did what needed to be done. While I was in the OR, I had my tubes tied so this will be my last birth.

So I had one induced hospital birth from hell, 2 lovely spiritual homebirths, and one c-section that I am very grateful for. (But recovery is really big PAIN and I would rather push a 15 pound baby out anyday!![/b]

I'm sorry you didn't get your homebirth. I'm so thankful that hospitals are there for us in these situations. Did they not know it was placenta previa beforehand or did you not have any U/S done? How fitting on the name.... very beautiful. Happy you and baby are healthy!!! Congratz
[/b]
Expecting #4 in February!!
</div>

<div align="center"></div>