Topic: Why?
View Single Post
February 24th, 2009, 04:19 AM
~Jackie
Why did you choose homebirth?
I never heard of homebirth until my first pregnancy when I was on JM. I thought it was crazy, had never heard of it. I REALLY thought UA homebirth was just insane and dangerous. I loved my labor with Kailey up until we got to the hospital (I had a heart problem). I was 8cm by the time we left the house and I barely felt like I was in labor.... laughing, no pain, just hanging out with the whole family and occasionally stopping to breathe deeply. My birth video is kind of disappointing because you cannot even tell I'm in labor. I get to the hospital and I'm just uncomfortable. My cervix gets to 10 with a front lip, then a back lip and my contractions slow way down (I was regressing my labor). I had to get pit & epi (no... I didn't HAVE to, but I didn't have anyone there to encourage me, my MW didn't do this - I have the same MW).

Well, with being on JM still there is always research and debates so I learned a lot about homebirth. It just became natural to me to think of having a homebirth. I was so happy being home with Kailey that I didn't want another hospital interference. This time, I really just want to be left alone. I know exactly what my body can do and I don't want/need anyone telling me when to hop like a chicken or move here or there. I'm going to completely follow my bodies ques.

Did you know someone that has birthed at home before?
My daughter's Montessori teacher.

Did you observe/attend a homebirth before? (if so, who)
Nope.

Did you read about it?
Oh yea.

Did you watch a film on it?
Yuppers.

Tell why you are/have birthed at home.
Oh... well I already did that up there. LOL!