View Single Post
March 6th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Jennifer the Momma
I don't check in here very often, but I've had 2 UC's. My first son was born in a hospital and I just was NOT ok with the amount of intervention they forced on us, or the health consequences he faced because of them. To learn about UCing I read pretty much every birth story I could get my hands on (well, online). I literally spent probably at least 2-3 hours reading them each night (darn preggo insomnia with dd). I read ALL birth stories too, not just UC. I learned a lot from all of them. When I came across a term I didn't understand, I looked it up and read as much as I could on it. I also prayed, a LOT about the safe and healthy outcomes of my births. My first UC was a piece of cake, 4 1/2 hours from first contraction to birth. My second was a doozy, 3 days of early labor (contractions on average every 11 minutes), and then about 8 1/2 hours of labor...the last 2 making me a little crazy. I did lose it more this last time than I should have, but oh well. If I would have felt like something was wrong, we'd have gone straight to the hospital or called 911. We don't have resusciation equipment, but we know CPR. We didn't have any meds on hand either (I've never had a bleeding problem, but I knew you could take a piece of placenta and hold it in your mouth to help bleeding).

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.