View Single Post
March 7th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to the appointment and actually got a different midwife then the one I talked to on the phone. She and I went over dates and talked about possible dates of conceptions, positive and negative pregnancy test dates and when *I* felt I conceived. With that, we narrowed it down to 2 possible times...I was either 9 weeks or 12 weeks. She did an exam on me and said she would be able to tell but the size of something inside there (can't remember-uterus?) if I was 9 or 12 weeks. She was sure I was 9 weeks which is what I already knew! I really liked her and I think we clicked. She seemed to be more of the mindset that I am as far as the baby will come when it's ready...2 weeks early, 2 weeks late...it's just an estimated date. I have my next appointment on the 18th. How does everyone feel about hearing the heartbeat via Doppler? Any negative side affects for baby? I want to just for pure selfish reasons but not if it's bad for baby. Thank you all for your help. I love having knowledgeable people to talk to about this. My friends and family have been really supportive of the homebirth but they don't have any insight/experience to help me with questions. Thank You.