View Single Post
March 10th, 2006, 02:25 PM
paganempath
I am so sorry that you weren't able to see the heartbeat at your appointment. But... DO NOT GIVE UP! I found this on the American Pregnancy Association website:

If an ultrasound is done at 6 to 7 weeks and a heartbeat is not detected, does that mean there is a problem?

No it does not mean there is a problem. The heartbeat may not be detected for reasons that include: tipped uterus, larger abdomen, or inaccurate dating with last menstrual period. Heartbeats are best detected with transvaginal ultrasounds early in pregnancy. Concern typically develops if there is no fetal heart activity in an embryo with a crown-rump length greater than 5mm. During a six week ultrasound exam, your healthcare provider will begin to be concerned if there is no gestational sac.

There is still plenty of hope for you and your baby. I don't believe for a second that this is the end. I just think there is a big discrepancy between your suspected gestation and the actual gestation. Go in for another ultrasound next week and fully expect to see that little heartbeat. I want to hear some great news from you very soon.