Topic: My in-laws...
View Single Post
March 21st, 2009, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .kristen. View Post
Can't we trade in laws? That is so awesome!!!

LOL! Heck no! I won the in-law lottery. When we went on our honeymoon f-i-l drywalled our entire garage, and put cabinets and shelves in. He also hung all the window coverings and put up the light fixtures. M-i-l hired someone to come pull out some tree stumps and worked on the yard.

When we went back to Australia (honeymoon place), m-i-l hired window cleaners, cleaned the entire house, and bought some cute things for the house. When I called her to thank her, she said that she was very nervous that maybe she was overstepping her bounds. I told her that she wasn't and I loved everything she did. Our taste is very similar.

When I broke my wrist, she had a housecleaner come to our house a few times, and even paid her extra to do the laundry and put it all away.

Oh, and she has never once brought up all the stuff that she and my f-i-l have done for us. Not once have either of them asked for anything in return. They are just nice people who enjoy making others happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meg* View Post
Seriously!!! You are so lucky! The only reason my MIL would ever offer to pay for the nursery is to rub it in our faces for the rest of our lives. What a great relationship you must have!

My in-laws have treated me like family since the day I began dating their son. They truly are 2 of the most generous people on earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshum07 View Post
that is awesome!!

I'm lucky...very very lucky.