View Single Post
March 24th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Margaret
Hi,

I think it's wonderful that you want to be there for your friend. Right now, I imagine she needs some space and time to work through trying to bring this pregnancy to term. It is emotionally and physically tiring.

One thing to keep in mind is that sometimes people feel very "open" during moments of vulnerability. There have been times in my life during the most difficult moments that others reached out to me in what I thought was genuine concern. I learned a little too late that they only wanted to know the details so they could spread it around the office, church, wherever. This has made me much more guarded about who I let into my space when I feel tired and weary. Please understand I am not suggesting you have this kind of agenda. I'm saying it sounds like she is in a self-protection mode for whatever reason.

The best thing someone could do for me is to respect my wishes even if they don't agree with them. If she has an open-invitation to call on you when she is ready, she will when she is ready. You can give her space and love, simultaneously.

I wish you and your friend the very best,
Margaret