Topic: Joining!
View Single Post
March 25th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My dream birth was ALWAYS a home birth. But when I found out I was pregnant I also found out that the 3 CNM that did do home births in IL ---2 quit and the one left was booked. I was heart broken but moved on....found a great CNM group that did ABC births...not the same but close. WELL......
Two days ago I found out one of the CNM was leaving that group ---to start up her own practice----TO DO HOME BIRTHS! And I called to talk to her and she would love to take me on. So I am crying I am so happy that I am going to get one! So now instead of lurking and being jealous of you all---I'm now joining you!

Oh my name is Angela, 31, married to Troy, 30. Expecting our first at the end of July/Early Aug. We travel around the world for DH's job (chemical engineer) and are in one location for 3-6 months, currently the Philippines. We will be going back to the states early May and then only working State jobs till end of June. Then we move to our homebase in Chicago-land area till baby is here. Then once baby has passport we are off again.
We live in hotels where ever we go. This does include while in the states. So techincally we are having a hotel birth LOL. But its a hotel-apartment, we have kitchen/living room/bedroom/bathroom. We stay at the same one every time we are in the states---its like home and very relaxing for me.
Can't wait to get to know you all! Do we have any other Chicago area moms here?