View Single Post
March 28th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana's Mommy View Post
Don't worry your not the only one..

I didn't get paid leave when I went on Maternity Leave for 3 months with Adriana. I used all of my vacation time and sick time.. I also saved up money to where I was able to do that.. So, you should start planning now.. I honestly don't mind.. I get good vacation hours and sick hours.. By the time this baby is born, I'll have almost 3 months saved up.. I just can't take any time off..

Oh...we have plenty saved. I've been saving over 1/2 my paycheck each month for the past 3 years more or less. By the time the baby is born I'll have almost 2 full years of salary saved up. I'm just preggo and complaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I'm sorry! I'm sure everything will work out in the end though. Start saving what you can now, and maybe you'll have enough saved by then

I'm going to have to sit down with my employers and discuss this. It hasn't even crossed my mind. I am a nanny, and we discussed that I would just bring my baby to work with me after he/she was born, we just failed to discuss time off.

I was just being a whiner when I started this thread. By the time the baby is born, I'll have 2 years worth of salary saved from my paycheck alone. Dh also has salary saved from his paycheck, but he's responsible for investing and our retirement accounts.

I hope everything works out with your employers.