View Single Post
March 28th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meg* View Post
thats really harsh. I would tell you to start saving now- do you spread your pay over 12 months or just get paychecks while school's in session? We have the option of smaller paychecks that continue over the summer here so that makes it easier to save and budget.

I left my job that gives you 3 months paid maternity leave. It would have been nice but: 1. I worked an average of 55+ hours/week, 2. all of those hours are on my feet, and 3. I plan on being a SAHM anyway. But sometimes I think I should have just sucked it up for the money and then quit.

Pay is spread over 12 months. I put the max allowed in a summer saver each month. When the summer saver expires, I roll it over into a CD. DH thinks it's for a vacation home, but...well....I can't crush his dreams. I want a vacation home too, so hopefully my work will allow me to do job share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshum07 View Post
i dont get paid maternity leave and we dont get any benefits. so for the 6 weeks off there is no way i will get any money for it. we dont get sick days or anything. boo!!

Okay...I shouldn't have been such a whiner yesterday. I have it good. I think I was just surprised b/c all this time, I thought it was paid.