View Single Post
March 31st, 2009, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you have issues with both of them. Firstly, i would sit down with your fiance and talk to him about how you are treated in public. Usually when someone critisizes you there are reasons for it. Like i used to 'dis' hubby in public (although i was joking/teasing) and it really hurt him and visa versa. I recognized thati did it becuase there were underlying issues there. I was feeling hurt and i was acting out (in a totally unappropriate way). it took a while to work through it but now when i feel like i am about to dis him, i stop myself and look at what i am feeling. i then approach him to discuss the real issue.

in terms of your friendship, i think its a little different. perhaps similar to the above, but i am less tolerant of having friends that are toxic around me. sometimes my BFF does make a comment etc but so do i. then i think its worth it to go through the above process. but what your friend said sounds beyond the point i would handle. i just drop toxic friends and tell them off. if they are saying things that extreme, it means they have whatever issues and if they are mean, dump 'em......