Topic: Beck's blog
View Single Post
March 31st, 2009, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think keeping a blog of this whole process will be helpful, and something to look back on when I finally get my BFP!

Hi all. I'm so glad I found this board because I have some "vents" already and need some like minded people to listen!

A little background, I am a 32 (almost 33) year old woman who has yet to even TRY to conceive. I decided to go off the pill last august knowing that I had issues ovulating on my own and hoping I could get that sorted out so when it was time to try, I'd be regular. Well fast forward almost 8 months, and still no period. Doc sends me straight to RE thinking I may have low estrogen levels and might have to go straight to injectables. So much for "trying"!!

My frustration thus far has been with the nurses/staff at my RE center. It's like pulling teeth to get blood results, get in contact with the doctor, etc. Sometimes they are downright rude. Now I am not being the crazy patient, I simply called to see if my blood was in yet and if the doc had seen the results, got put on hold twice for 30 minutes, was promised a callback, never got called back, then my doc was out for a week. Finally he calls and says the most important blood result, the estrogen level, was somehow "forgotten" by the lab. Today I go in to give MORE blood and after a runaround by the front desk, am told that yes, the result WAS in but it takes longer and I should hear from the doc today. Sigh. This is Cornell RE center so it's a pretty well known place here in NYC!

Needless to say, I'm not feeling very optimistic about the whole process and dealing with doctors. Anyone else go through this? I like my doc, but the rest of the staff....forget it.