View Single Post
April 1st, 2009, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! Feel free to scraplift away but I warn you- it takes longer than it looks for this little thing! LOL Even if you use my rhyme...

It took long because I had to rhyme but at the same time come up with pics I could get off the Net.
Minus the poem time, it took about 4 days (not working ALL day of course). Photoshopping then printing out the pics, printing out the journaling onto different colored strips, trimming & cutting the transparencies + doing all the alphas. Some are chipboard sticker alphas (Girl Friday) but others were plain chipboard that needed covered w/paper or inked then doodled on, placing the dashes around every page, a lot of inking ... and remember, there are 26 letters in the alphabet + front & back covers so this is a 28 pg. album! LOL

Another reason I did this was because we also got this HUGE stack of Colorbok chipboard alpha (a 12 x 12 chipboard sheet for each letter, different fonts, upper & lowercase) and they asked the DT to try & come up with creative ways to use the alphas, so this was a perfect use.

For the yo-yo page I cut out the yo-yo then used a foam adhesive squares to make it stand off the white cardstock. I then tied a piece of embroidery floss to be the string.

I think it was worth it in the end since Layla loves it to pieces (every day she would ask if it was done, lol) but I wouldn't want to make another anytime soon!
Jake (16)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (7)

Last edited by berrygirll; April 1st, 2009 at 01:26 PM.