View Single Post
April 2nd, 2009, 07:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With my midwife, she kept great detail on prenatal visits and then during labor and birth. I have a copy of everything that was written down during my pregnancy/labor/delivery/post-partum.

The birth certificate she had a worksheet that she filled out half and then gave to us to finish filling out. We did, then took it up to our local county clerks office, handed it over. Fifteen minutes and 10 dollars later, we had his birth cert.

For his Social Security card, we had to go to our local SS office. I filled out a form and then handed it over where they processed it right then and there. We had it 2-3 weeks later. They had messed up so I had to ask for a new one. They had his middle name as his first, his last as his middle and his first as his last. Oh yeah, that was tons-o-fun but the guy who did it, did more talking then typing.

It however, all depends on how your midwife works. They all do the process differently. That is how my midwife did it. I had no proper/important paperwork until after Dane was born. We took our own time on getting his birth cert and SS card. So for about 2 weeks, he technically did not exist haha.

I read that A Woman's Place (Jewel Medea & Jennifer & Ann) in Chicago comes highly recommended.

Hopefully you hear back!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story