View Single Post
April 2nd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OH I'm doing a home birth in the Western Suburbs! Des Plaines actually. My midwife (Hilary Kieser CNM) JUST started doing home births last month (she was with West Suburban Midwives---she was the co-founder!) so she is one of the few still taking people!!! I know the A Woman's Place lost two of there three CNM in the last few months (Jennifer Gangon is the only one left), but they should be adding one here soon (heard through the grapevine). Also Homefirst has MD and midwives that do home births. Then there is individuals---Kay Furey CNM and Sarah Simmons CNM. Thats all I know of in the Chicago-land area.
Email communication isn't popular with them--TRUST ME! LOL Just give them a call! I have numbers if you need them....feel free to PM me any questions you may have. I haven't had my birth yet but I have done tons of looking into things!!! Plus it would be great to have another HB moma I know in the area!!!! Where are you at in Chi-town?

Birth Certificates seem to be pretty simple, m/w and you fill out paperwork and you take it to the county clerk's office to file (they told me you will have it in a day or two). Not sure on SSN yet. Passport can be done with BC and SSN and in two weeks rush if you need it (which we do). I will let you know on SSN when I find out more.

Last edited by soImarriedAnerd; April 2nd, 2009 at 08:11 AM.