Topic: Our sad story
View Single Post
April 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hi, i am new here... i never found the courage to write on any support forum ever before. I am 30 years old and in September 2008 i found out i was pregnant. My husband (at that time, boyfriend) and i were so happy, we couldn't believe it. We stared at those two pink lines for days but decided to keep it to ourselves for a while... as if we knew what will happen. The miracle lasted for about 10 days since we found, after which i started to spot, went to the ER, where they told me the embryo looks smaller than it should, about 1 week behind, no heartbeat visible (i was on week 6)... One week later the spotting reappeared but this time it was more serious, we went back to the ER and they told me i was miscarrying... The sky fell on us, we were devastated and couldn't understand it...still can't after all this time. We don't drink, smoke, i took prenatal vitamins, fed healthy... why did it happen to us? I went through a D&C and the doctor told me we could try again in 6 months. The six months have gone by (where did time fly? i keep thinking two more months and our baby would have been born, I can't help thinking about this ). But we are scared to try again. I feel perhaps age isn't on my side... But i feel my life would be empty without a child. I could really need some support, we are both scared but both want another baby. But at the same time, can't help but wondering what if it happens again?