View Single Post
April 6th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Jamie's mommy
Hi. I recently saw a TV show where a character commits suicide and it reminded me of a friend of mine who attempted suicide. Another friend of mine and I told a teacher about it because she did this during a trip and she got medical attention and lived, but I handled it badly beforehand and I feel like I contributed to it. She came to me a day or two before she did it and asked how I would want to die if I were to die tomorrow. I immediately put two and two together and said, "Don't kill yourself." She said some other stuff, and instead of saying something encouraging, I told her, "Cheer up, emo kid." She was on Zoloft, so I thought it was just the anti-depressants making her suicidal and that she would snap out of it. She stopped taking them and she took a bunch of pills to try to kill herself. It was kind of traumatizing and I got PTSD after that. I felt like I contributed to her attempted suicide because I wasn't more understanding. I kind of did lose her, though, even though she isn't dead, because I didn't talk to her after that. I somehow got rid of these feelings, but the TV show I watched dug them up and I don't know what to do about it.