View Single Post
April 8th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Bébé Cowgirl
HUGS Bonnie! m/s can be so tough - how frequently are you vomiting and are you able to keep fluids down?

Start with the simplest solutions first (if you haven't already) - try keeping crackers like saltines handy and eat a couple every hour to try to keep something in your stomach. Some people have better success with a little protein - a little cheese or peanut butter if you can stomach it.

I'm a big believer (after a nasty incident involving hard pretzels) of eating only things that will come up easily when m/s is at its worst (sorry if that's TMI/gross)...if you can keep it down, consider mashed potatoes and similarly smooth/easy foods just in case.

Lots of people swear by the preggo pops and ginger (chewable, hard candy or there are ginger drinks)...neither worked for me at all, but try and see if they help.

I found water actually made my m/s worse when i was vomiting, so try iced tea (decaf) or a light version of gatoraid (i found one type of Vitamin Water i could drink) instead...sometimes sucking on ice helps...and again you could make cubes with something flavored. I found peppermint tea actually did help when i could keep it down...just a thought.

All of that said, if you're vomiting more than 3-5 times a day and especially if you can't keep fluids down, then it's time to go to doctor or ER. I waited too long with my first pregnancy (it didn't hurt the baby) and ended up in ER for IVs...if the vomiting is impacting your ability to keep fluids down you may need m/s meds. I take both Zofran & Phenergan for mine - and it has been a lifesaver, so consider them if yours gets to be too much to handle.

Hope you feel better soon! HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)