View Single Post
April 9th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) Morning sickness is a curse and a blessing. It feels terrible but it reminds you that your body is making all those fun pg hormones. I had it for 7m when I was pg with my DD and 5m with DS. And I would throw up 10x a day or so...it was bad! But both my children are healthy. Your body gives everything it has to the baby and you get the nutrients that are left over. I am so sorry for the loss of your son (((HUGS))) but remember that every pg is different and the same situations (m/s) any not effect this baby in the same ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
I'm a big believer (after a nasty incident involving hard pretzels) of eating only things that will come up easily when m/s is at its worst (sorry if that's TMI/gross)...if you can keep it down, consider mashed potatoes and similarly smooth/easy foods just in case.

TMI but every morning I would eat half of a banana before I got out of bed then run and jump in the shower so I could throw up in there and not have to clean it up. The banana gave my body something to get rid of so I did not have so much bile coming up that stuff is nasty!

I am like Brittanie though...phenargen is the only thing that really worked for me. When I was pg with my DD I did not have insurance until I was 7m pg. My doctor knew it and would lovingly give me free samples at each visit...it was only 4-5 pills but it was enough to help me on the really hard days. My OB also waited to bill me for anything until after delivery so my insurance picked up the tab. The only thing I paid for out of pocket was labs and u/s. Do you think your OB would be willing to do something like this? Does not hurt to ask.

For over the counter help I found that eating small meals all day really helped. Sipping gingerale or bubbly water...sucking hard candies...sleeping...protien - it is weird but protiens helped settle my stomach. I would eat piece of turkey lunchmeat like they were going out of style. And some times put chive creamcheese on them for flavor.

I hope you feel better soon!