View Single Post
April 9th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Super Mommy
I know what you mean, I didn't mind my initial midwife, but I hated her partner! She was really pushy, made all kinds of comments about my kids being so close together and asked if I was even excited about this baby since it's my third and so close to my others. Plus she treated me like a criminal for even debating taking extra testing (for birth defects and STD's)much less when I declined them! Plus her bedside manner was horrible, through my whole pap smear she was complaining about how far back my cervix was and told me she was going to use the "big" speculum since I've "had a bunch of kids" so I'm "probably all stretched out", and then told me that it was a good thing I was getting the pap now because my cervix looked weird and its good to "catch things like cervical cancer early" (and my pap came back completely normal)

I was so uncomfortable with the thought of her at my birth (thinking about how I would end up killing her! ) that I ended up switching midwives.
This time I really like the midwife I've met so far, I haven't met her partner yet, but this time I'm stuck with them, so I hope it's better than last time. I'm not switching again.