Topic: so torn...
View Single Post
April 10th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HI Kelli,
I'd definitely go with Shannon. Did you know she's actually in the process of becoming licensed? The big UPSIDE of having Shannon is that Dr. Frazer (My ND and midwife) is her assistant and brings with her a WEALTH of not only midwifery skills & experience but also naturopathic doctoring/medical skills way above and beyond the general knowledge of just a midwife. I feel VERY comfortable with them as a team and have LOVED both of my births with them attending. The main thing though, is that you make a decision that YOU are comfortable with. I had to pay $1800 out of pocket this last time since our new ins. does not cover home births. I would have been covered 100% had I chosed a hospital birth but there's NO WAY I'd ever choose that, so the money was well worth it. Thankfully we were able to use our tax return for it. Ginger (aka dr. frazer) is totally flexible on payment plans and I'm guessing that Shannon probably is too. Who you have at the birth really sets a tone for the whole experience so I'd go with the person/team you feel comfortable with and click with!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~