Topic: What to do :(
View Single Post
April 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM
So on Tuesday afternoon I got a call from my best friend and she told me that she had miscarried We are all so devastated for their loss... I sent her a brunch of flowers the next day and it brightened her day, I have been there for her everyday showing her my support and talking her thru it but now she has completely shut down. She has taken this on really bad and I have no idea what to do I'm really worried about her too as she works at a daycare centre and looks after babies under the age of 2, she went back to work yesterday and after an hour of being there I received a text saying she couldn't handle it anymore and that she just wanted to go home, I told her to take as much time off work until she was ready but she just says they're busy at work and they need her I told her work can wait and she just needs to take time out and look after herself. I talked to her last night and she was very distant and I said that if there was anything she wanted day or night I was here no matter what.
Her partner is also worried about her too, he rushed home yesterday lunchtime to find her in tears. Her Bestest friend is living in the UK at the moment and she's also pregnant (3 weeks ahead of her), she's coming home soon but she has no idea what to do now as they've always wanted to be pregnant together and they were sharing every single milestone etc and now she doesn't want to talk about her pregnancy with her as it may upset her even more...
I just don't know what to do and feel so useless, this would've been her 2nd child too as she has an 8 year old daughter.... any more advice other than to just be there for her?