View Single Post
April 17th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Veteran
That sounds like us too. Though we knew the problems when we bought the place. It was so bad that we lived in the camper inside the barn for the first week and it was the middle of Dec:) So I can actually say that I've lived in a barn!!! It wouldn't have been so bad if the heater in the camper had worked. We thought that it did, but *THANKFULLY* decided to plug in a carbon monixide tester into the camper because we had never run the heater. Sure enough, the whole thing filled up with carbon monixide. So we bought a plug in oil filled heater and that did the trick (took up the whole bathroom, but worked great:).

Anyway, we still have a long way to go, and may just choose to knock down the house and rebuild, but it will be a while before we can do any of that. We do now have running water that doesn't leak into the basement anymore and heat, so all is good:)

Shannon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shannon (32 years old) ~ Married to dh (for 12 years) ~ Mom to dd (10 years old)
Visit my blog at: http://aroundthehomestead.blogspot.com/