View Single Post
April 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello ladies! Sorry to barge in like this, but I have a question about ovulation and breastfeeding.

Now I have read a bunch of info on how breastfeeding can prevent O, but since I got pregnant at 10 weeks pp, I don't really believe that. I had a m/c at 7 weeks (end of September). After my bleeding stopped, AF came on Nov. 6. Since the pregnancy was such a shocker to SO and I, we decided that I would get on BC. I opted for depo and got the shot on Nov. 10th. I hated depo, and decided not to get the shot again. The last date of my safe window for depo was Feb. 9, and on March 16th, I got AF again. So I think that was right on track as my cycles were usually about 29-36 days before I had my DD.

I had what appeared to be O pains around last Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm guessing I o'd last Wednesday. I don't temp or chart...hard to temp when co-sleeping...or at least it is for me cause DD thinks she still needs to wake mom up in the middle of the night.

Oh, by the way, I was EBF/EP. I had to return to work 8 weeks pp and DD got bottles of breastmilk at the sitter. She also did use a pacifier and started STTN at about 4 weeks old.

So is it possible that my fertility has officially returned? Also, how long has it taken some of you guys' fertility to return?

Sorry if this is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo, just looking for some input.

TIA!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!