View Single Post
April 21st, 2009, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, thanks for posting this. I often feel like I was violated during Evie's birth. Yes, I warded off the epidural and was able to avoid a c-section, but the doctor did bully me a bit. Not to that extenet, but enough to make me feel like he was a jerk.

When he ruptured my membranes he put an internal monitor on Evie, without asking. After she was delivered he reached in and checked my uterus to see if it was ruptured. All he said before was, 'she's not going to like this.' That is the part that reall ymade me feel violated. No other doctor did that with my previous VBAC's. It make sme angry to this day. I think he really wanted to jsut get back at me for not scheduling a c-section. Bleh.

I am soooo glad I have providers that I can trust this time. I know a woman from the ICAN list that saw them for her VBAC, she drove over an hour so they could deliver her baby, and all she has is good things to say about them. I wish I had listened to her when I was pregnant with Eve and switched to them for her birth.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me