View Single Post
April 21st, 2009, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was at work tonight and I called home to talk to dh. He said he got a call from his dad tonight and asked if we wanted twins? DH asked "twin whats"? Turns out FIL has a co-worker who has a daughter who just had 6lb twin baby boys-she and her DH have severe developmental issues, have a 2 year old son with no deficits which her parents are raising, and now she just had baby boys who will likely be given up for adoption as her parents cannot take on more kids. I don't know all the details, and this might not even have a remote chance of happening for us, but maybe there is hope? DH said, of course we'd take them-they appear to be normal developmentally, but it could be much too soon to tell, but their 2 year old sibling is fine. Wow, realistically if this were to go through, I could have these little men home within a week, depending on their gestational age at birth, etc... All I know is they're in a city hospital 5 hours away. All I can do is pray that this works out, but I cannot get my hopes up if it doesn't or cannot. I'm set to start IVF mid June, that I can count on. Could you imagine??? What a miracle this could turn out to be! And if this were to happen, and these little boys needed extra care or had special needs, they couldn't come to a better family than our own-they would be loved and cared for just as much as our Noley, they would lack nothing. I need to settle down, this may not even happen.

Last edited by Just_Marie; April 21st, 2009 at 10:00 PM.