View Single Post
April 23rd, 2009, 12:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Megan

Just stopping by to wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey. I do want to add one thing.

Don't think about it as "dieting", I mean come on, what do the first three letters spell. Start thinking about it as a lifestyle change. The easiest thing that you can do to help you jump start your weightloss is switching from white to Whole Wheat(brown). White carbs provide you with little to no nutritional value (aside from maybe a baked potatoe) whereas whole wheat gives you the benefit of fiber and more.

The next easy switch would be from eliminating as much sugar, sodium. What does that entail? Well, don't buy any more soda (at least for now, you can have them every now and then later on), juice, candy, sweets, cookies, chips, and definitely keep away from processed foods (even the ones that claim to be healthy, they usually pack so much sodium).

The last easy change is switching to lowfat or fat free. Buy skim milk instead of whole, reduced fat cheese instead of the really yucky stuff. I also found out that you need to experiment when trying low fat alternatives. Some foods are really gross, IMO, but give another brand a chance and maybe, just maybe it will be more tolerable... and you know something, you'll start getting used to eating reduced fat stuff.

Oh yeah, and drink lots and lots of water and try to incorporate a veggie in every meal if possible.

Keep these things in mind when you sit down to eat and you'll have great success and say to yourself... It's a lifestyle change and not a diet.

Anyway, wish you the best of luck

~Ana~

Last edited by ana410ny; April 23rd, 2009 at 12:05 AM.