Topic: Another ?
View Single Post
April 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Platinum Super Mega Mommy
Family "IS" worst.... my grandmother will ask me how Cooper is doing. I'll tell her the truth, meaning, not that great at the moment...or that he needs another surgery, something along those lines & you know what she says? "I'm glad everyone's fine"... and then hangs up. As if I just said my son was fine? ***? I didn't say that. In fact, I said the complete OPPOSITE of fine. Yet she says "fine"...

My 8 year old "had" sensory intergration dysfunction for a long time, he still has the occasional texture issues but he's doing better. Cooper, my SN child, is FANTASTIC at eating, eats everything & anything, doesn't matter what it is, if it's new, he eats it & loves it.

My 15 mos. old, has the SAME freaking problem as my now 8 yr' old, he wont eat solids & has severe allergies, and is still on Alimentum formula. He's being interviewed by the E.I. department next week for his eating problems. I waited too long for my 8 year old before I knew what was wrong w/ him & ended up struggling until he was 5-6 before things got "better". I don't want to wait w/ Teighan, if I can do something about it NOW, then that's what I am going to do. It's not my first rodeo, I know how to introduce foods to a child/baby, but if I mention these issues about my son to my family/friends, they say "have you tried..." or then I have them giving him a solid food & he will vomit & start to choke, I mean c'mon! Did you not just hear that he can't eat solids? That he vomits & chokes? What part of that wasn't I clear about?

Sigh... sorry... I know I am being negative right now, I am frustrated w/ ignorant people who brush it off. And yes I often get "it will all work out in the end" crap too. Just love that one. I've heard it all. Or "ohhh... I am so sorry"... like I just had a death in the family, like the pitty thing. It's not a bad horrible thing either, it's not great, I didn't plan this for my DS but he's not dead, why do they say that?