View Single Post
April 26th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
awww, well I think for those of us who have lost a baby or who are at risk...It just rings too close to home and we have stronger feeling about it than those who havent. Especially when it's happening to you now or has recently. I lost a baby at 18 weeks and it killed me when I heard that from people too, BUT mostly because of the way I personally felt about the baby we lost. She was our 5th girl and although I loved her to absolute pieces, we hadn't found out it was a girl yet and and I knew I would have been dissoppointed at that u/s appointment...my husband would have been too because we desperately wanted a boy. When we lost her, our world was turned upside down and it really bothered me when others said they were sad they didn't get what they wanted....but I only felt that way because I knew they could be taken away in an instant and that person would have to deal with their feelings as I personally had to. That was not an easy thing for me to get over later on. From being on the other side though, it IS hard when you are done having children and you know you'll never get "your boy" or "your girl"...it's normal for everyone to want a specific gender, but getting the opposite in NO way changes how they feel about it once that little bundle is laying in their arms I know that from personal experience as well It's a good thing we can find out early because we have time to get over it before the baby comes! LOL

Anyway, I just wanted to send a hug. I hope that everything goes ok with your little pumpkin!

I'm so sorry for your loss. When I was pregnant with my last ds I so desperately wanted a girl, (I thought we were finished having children after him) and when I found out at my 21 week u/s that my "she" was a he, I'm ashamed to say it, but I cried for a few days. At 28 weeks, I had a 3D u/s, and I fell completely in love with him....Fast-forward to delivery day.....I nearly lost him giving birth..... Believe me, I can't even begin to explain to you the guilt I felt (and still feel) about how I reacted to finding out, at the original u/s, that I was having a boy. It took me a long while to deal with that....
This time, boy or girl, I will be delighted because I, too, know how fast they can be taken away.=)

(((Hugs))) to you Michelle. I hope everything turns out okay for your little one.