View Single Post
April 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, this is weird. Alex is VERY big for his age, he was born at 10lbs 1oz, and although I wasn't diagnosed with gestational diabetes, I'm not sure I didn't have it, as I am overweight and I had a super huge baby. Other than that, the supplements I take for BFing are WAY below the "minimum" for increasing milk, so I have a hard time believing it's that. A few weeks ago I did call the ped and I left a message with the nurse about his BO, and the nurse said the doctor had never heard of such a thing, so they didn't need me to come in, but said to mention it the next time we were in, but he didn't need an appointment for just that.

However, a couple of baths ago, I washed him and then sniffed his armpits, and his armpits were immediately smelly!!! So.... I had DH hold him, and I lifted his arms, and there was this nasty greasy stuff deep in a crease.... so, I took a baby wipe (or two) and I wiped out his armpits really well (they have alchohol in them, but not as much as an alchohol wipe) and them I dried them, then I powdered them. I know powder is a no-no, but I put it in my hand first, then used my finger to dab it into his armpits.... I also used the cornstarch baby powder, which is supposed to be more absorbant....

HTH and keep me posted!!!!