View Single Post
April 27th, 2009, 03:30 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
You know, I have actually heard a lot of people say they had something similar around March. It is weird. There is an epidemologist on another forum I frequent and she says that there is a "round two" type thing that happens with the mutated form of the virus and then that one is stronger. I don't know.

My dh, Bryce, and I have all had bad cases of the flu in the past. I mean, to the point of near death experience. The only one who has not is Scotty - and that fact really terrifies me. When Bryce had the flu in 2003, it was the one that had all of the media hype - kids on the news dying faster than ever. It was the Fujian strain of influenza A (H3N2). We all, got it in some way or another, but none of us got it as badly as poor Bryce. He was SO sick. When I was 17, I got a strain of the flu that was absolutely horrendous. I developed walking pneumonia and honestly probably should have died. I never saw a doctor and after 3 months, I finally started recovering. Now, I look back on it and think how STUPID I was to not get to a dr. I couldn't breathe and my fever was 103 for a month straight.

So yeah, flu does really suck! Scotty got the flu when Bryce had it, but he still had my immunities and never got all that sick. It lasted about 48 hours for him and he was 2 mos old. He has had the flu shot every year since. So, it is really Scotty, more than anyone else in my family, that I am worried about.