View Single Post
April 29th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Please don't let others discourage you. I know it's hard, but just remember that by keeping your dd home & going at her pace, you're giving her the best education she could possibly have. By learning at her own pace, she's given the opportunity to fully comprehend what she's learning, and not just moving on because the teacher says it's time to.

You could say that my oldest ds is "behind" in math because he would be going into 5th grade next year and he hasn't learned division yet. But, he's learning at his speed & is fully comprehending a concept before we move on to the next. Whereas in public school he would likely be failing math or at least struggling to keep up because they jump around so much.

My middle ds will be 8 in August is just beginning to read level 1 step-into-reading books (or 1st grade reading level) without too much trouble. My youngest ds is 6 and is reading (cvc words) by sounding out each letter individually. Ageeing with Heather here, the Leap Frog dvd's are great for helping with reading!

Keep coming around here & be encouraged that you are doing the best for your dd.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*