View Single Post
April 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today as I'm blogging about our wonderful school year and all the great things the children have done and learned (see blog link for more) , my middle two come running up to me BEGGING me to please let them go to public school next year!

Now this is the same two who asked me this earlier in the year and I seriously considered letting them go. Then the older one changed her mind, decided she wanted to homeschool and the matter dropped. Now apparently she has changed her mind and is taking the 6 yr old along for her roller coaster ride. :-(

I really don't know what to do about this. I have told her she can't keep going back and forth changing her mind. I want her to homeschool and of course Dh and I have the final say, but we also appreciate her input and take her wishes seriously. She has pretty much wanted to go back to public school the entire time we've homeschooled. Some days she is happier with homeschooling than others, but her underlying not so secret wish to go back to p.s. is almost always there.

So what do I do? I don't want her to resent homeschooling or me! for making her homeschool. But I really don't think public school is the best place for her. Then again, I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world if she/they went. Can you tell how tormented I am by this? Oh, just please tell me what to do? (I know you can't really decide for me, but I need some support, advice, whatever you've got)

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog: