View Single Post
April 30th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Her main reason is to be "normal." She is so embarrased about homeschooling. She has even told other kids that she goes to the public school just so she won't have to say she's homeschooled. She thinks she is "weird" because she doesn't go to school and because she has a big family. She is so into fitting in right now. I guess it's the age she's at (10). I feel sad that she feels this way and I'm just not sure how to deal with it.

This need to fit in is one of the very things that worries me about her going to school. I'm afraid she would carried away by the social distractions there. She enjoys and absorbs what she is learning at home and I wonder if it would be the same at school. I wish we could afford private school. That would at least make me feel a little better, but not entirely.

I couldn't sleep last night- I just kept going over and over it in my mind. I'm sure I have more gray hair today than I did yesterday. :-)

I think I am going to call the school tomorrow and see if she can visit there for a day or two before the year is up. I want her to see what's it's really like. Shery, you may very well be right that she will realize it's not what she thinks it is.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog: