View Single Post
May 1st, 2009, 12:40 PM
Dynamite w/ a laser beam
The hospital where I had Noah and Julia is hosting a 1st Annual NICU Graduates Reunion on Saturday. It's going to be a fun-filled event with kids games, refreshments, and a chance to reunite with all the doctors and nurses who provided NICU care for the babies during their stay.

It's kinda funny that I'm really looking forward to this event, that despite the tragic reason Julia was forced to be born two months early, she is a happy and healthy (19 lb., 11 oz, 30 inches long!!) 9 month old with a smile on her face, a giggle in her heart, and a curiosity for life. I want to bring my baby back to all of those who played such an important role in her well-being and show them all what a terrific job they've done during the 4 weeks she was there. But most importantly, I want to be a part of the celebration of life.

While some of the babies might've stayed only a couple of days in NICU and others may have stayed months longer than Julia, I want to be a part of the festivities of all of those who DID survive thanks to the great care they received.

Just felt like sharing some happy news with my sisterhood

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggie!

I'm Barb, Mom to Angel on Earth Julia Rose (7*22*08), her twin brother Angel in Heaven Noah (7*22*08), and rainbow baby Sydney Noelle (12*4*09).

*a special 'thank you' to all the blinkie creators for their talents*