View Single Post
May 2nd, 2009, 05:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What are the rules for snagging pics off the Internet & using them in a web page you design?

Okay, the guy that wants a website engraves concrete with beautiful designs using the engrave-a-crete system so any design on the engrave-a-crete site, this company can do. Now the customer doesn't want engrave-a-crete mentioned on their site. I looked at the engrave-a-crete site & found a lot of pics, some obviously copyright protected, some aren't. He wants me to use their pics so is it really stealing since if he provided pics they would be of almost the exact same thing? Oh, & I looked at several other websites (I can provide links if you would like) that does the same sort of concrete engraving & saw a lot of the same photos on ALL the websites. I even recognized some of the photos as copyrighted photos from the engrave-a-crete site with the copyright at the bottom cut off. One site left the copyright information attached to the images & displayed the pictures that way (so that you know it came from engrave-a-crete).

What's your advice... use copyrighted pictures with the copyright attached, force the customer to provide his own pics or no pics will be on the site, what?

A&A Art ~ My TTC Blog ~ My Pics

"Never confuse acceptance with approval. Without approving
all we do, Jesus accepts all who come to Him." ~
Rick Warren

CLICK HERE to read about my mission trip to Romania! CLICK HERE to see pics!