Topic: Friday five
View Single Post
May 2nd, 2009, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oooh I love questions!

1. What book are you currently reading? I just finished New Moon, the second in the Twilight series! How weird is that? I loved Twilight. I read it in two days cos I couldn't put it down. We then got the film and it was sooooo bad in comparison! Dh was like 'And you read the book???' I was like man you can't compare!
2. What is your favorite novel? Hmm, I have a few! I like sequences. Kim Harrison and David Gemmel stand out.
3. What books have you read to understand TTC while breastfeeding more clearly? I recently got Ecological breastfeeding to understand more clearly why I couldn't get pregs. It was more about how to keep your periods AWAY through nursing the way nature intended though so wasn't quite relevant to me. The best book I read though was Three in a Bed which was about nursing and co-sleeping. That book changed my life. I don't think I would ever have stuck to my ways (which felt natural to me despite going against the majority of parenting styles) without it. I wish I had read it whilst I was pregnant rather than a few months later as I was messed about a bit in hospital with regards to breastfeeding and this book would have made me more certain of what I needed to do.
4. Do you like fictional or non fictional books/novels? Fictional mostly. I love vampire, magic, action books.
5. Who is your favorite Author?
As mentioned above too many to really count as a fave! David Gemmel was a teen-fave and I read all his books then. Wendy Holden, lately, has been a fave of mine - and totally different from the type of stories I usually go for but I am reading a bigger variety these days as I have read so much fantasy-sci-fi over the years. I'm also getting into MIlls&Boon! Ooh er! lol. One called Hidden Honour was fantastic!