View Single Post
May 8th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Veteran
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who takes a relaxed approach:)

I get up with dh at 5:00 am and make his lunch and breakfast, then I go back to bed by 6:00. It would be great and I'd get so much more done if I could just stay up, but then I'm dead to the world by 2:00, and I just can't get myself to get used to this schedule.

So, I'm back up by 8:00 or so with dd usually right behind me. Breakfast, animal chores (mostly for me, but dd sometimes helps), school by at least 10:00, but usually a little sooner. We do school off and on through-out the day ending by no later than 5:00. I let her have plenty of time to go outside or just play in general through-out the day so she is going between playing and schoolwork (I use her playtime to get house work done). She does better with this than trying to get it all done and then being free for the afternoon, which I would like better, but this is working for us for now.

We try to get her in bed by 9:00, but sometimes it is closer to 10:00 and we try to be in bed by 11:00.

Shannon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shannon (32 years old) ~ Married to dh (for 12 years) ~ Mom to dd (10 years old)
Visit my blog at: http://aroundthehomestead.blogspot.com/