View Single Post
May 8th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Hi I am Tee BM to Mark who will be 12 this year. I allowed a family member to adopate my son with the understanding that I would always be a part of his life, but lately it seems like the adopated mother(my aunt) has been trying to push me out of his life. When I agreed to the adopation I did this thinking this was the best thing for my son and she kept telling me she could take better care of him. I was young and had two other children who were only a year younger than my son. She told me that I didn't need a lawyer and every thing would be ok. My son's birth father did not know about him at the time. My aunt claimed that she tried to find him but due to recent events we found out that was a lie. My son's birth father just found out about him three weeks ago and he wants to be a parent, but my aunt does not want that to happen. When she asked me could she adopate my baby she made a lot of promises that she has yet to fulfill. All I want is to be a part of my son's life I love him and giving him up was the worst mistake of my life and I just want to make it right. Do I have any rights after 12 yrs.