View Single Post
May 13th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Regular
Hi everyone.

I had my first antenatal appointment today and am buzzing so I just had to share it. My brief history is that I've been married for 4 years and last year, DH and I decided to start a family. We conceived in only 2 months but lost the baby (missed m/c) at around 10 weeks in July 08. I didn't make my first antenatal appointment - instead I had a D&C booked at the exact same time.

Finally, I got another BFP on April 5th. Then today, I made it through my first antenatal appointment. Mentally, this was my first milestone. And I'm happy to report that it went well and I feel great. The midwife said its still too early to have a listen to bub's hb, but that she was happy as long as my symptoms were still strong. DH was a little disappointed though, we never saw a hb last time so I think he was looking forward to it. But I still haven't used an u/s referral my GP gave me so I reminded him of that. Plus my symptoms have gotten stronger this week if anything, so that has to be a good sign. But the first visit is my first milestone (since I didn't get that far last time). I now have my bright orange pregnancy record to keep with me. Yay! After months of seeing women at the maternity hospital I work in walking around with them, I finally have my own! When we left the hospital DH told me to put it in my bag and I said "No, I want everyone to see I have my little orange book." lol

So, now I feel more able to talk about it and will hopefully be on here a little more. I look forward to sharing this PAL journey with you (and I thought TTCAL was bumpy...lol).