View Single Post
May 28th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

First off- I could never reccomend unassisted birth. I work with homebirth midwives, assisting them, as well as being a doula, and I just know to much to think unassisted homebirth is a good option. I've seen the midwives save a mothers life, and she was so glowing she didn't think anything was really wrong!

Second- most midwives are fine with taking late transfers, and will do so up to 36+ weeks, some up to hours before birth! So- if you can find a midwife now where you live, they'll likely take you. And they may even offer a discount off of regular price for the late transfer. Many will set up payment plans, but prefer to recieve payment before the birth. Just discuss it, face to face with her, and see what you can work out.

I hope that helps you to have some hope that you'll be able to find a midwife Good luck!
This site has tons of midwives listed. If you cannot find one in your city, call someone nearby, maybe they'll have a reccomendation or will be willing to care for you. California Association of Midwives Find a CAM Midwife