Topic: Coley TTC #1
View Single Post
June 2nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Entry #1

My name is Nikki & my Honey Bunny is Dan. We'll have been together for 9 1/2 years at the end of this month. We have two furbabies:
Cinder & Little

We're going to be adding another furbaby on the 13th of this month. MIL found 6 kittens that had been abandoned and she has been bottle feeding them. They are now 6 weeks old and need homes, so we're going to take one. Little needs a friend because Cinder is 9 years old now and isn't really interested in letting the cat jump all over her anymore. LOL!

While we've only OFFICIALLY been TTC full on for 2 months now, we've been NTNP for the better part of 7 years. I thought it would've happened by now, but apparently that was not the plan. I've always taken the approach to life that everything happens for a reason, but I find it a fair bit harder to take that advice when it comes to this.

In January we moved into our new house. It's fantastic! I finally have my fireplace! That's something I've wanted for EVER! We have a yard, which has made ALL of us much happier. I can wake up in the morning and go plant flowers in my own yard now if I want! Cinder happily follows behind and then finds herself a nice patch of grass with a bit of shade and a bit of sun and just lounges. It's amazing how much of a difference a change of location can make.

I've even found that DH and I are closer, more intimate and more affectionate with each other. It seems that the stress we were both carrying has melted away. He is so excited for us to get pregnant. It's so strange... I always hoped that when we TTC that we would both be equally excited, that we would both want it just as much... and we do. I guess that lends further credence to my theory that everything happens when it's meant to.

Last Thursday was my very first ever + OPK. I had some health & weight issues last year that caused me to have annovulatory cycles and when I did ovulate, my LP was anywhere from 5 to 10 days. Not good. So you can imagine how happy I was to see those bright pink lines. It was like a bit more evidence that things were working "normally" now.

My happiness soon switched to being totally freaked out! Friday, low temp. Saturday, low temp. Sunday, low temp. Monday, low temp. All I could think was ***?!? I bought these things to make things simpler, now it seemed as if they had only given me one more thing to be confused about. As usual my JM ladies were right, and this morning I woke to a temp of 97.6, my highest this cycle.

So I've got my fingers, toes, eyes and anything else I can think of crossed that this month will be the month!

Last edited by Coley; December 16th, 2009 at 12:53 PM.