View Single Post
June 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been going to a playgroup for the past few months and regularly for 3 months because one of my son's was in an Off to School program. So I have gotten to know some of the other moms and of course there has been many times that childbirth and all that has been talked about and this past week I finally mentioned Jake. And then I realized the reason I only share with people I get to know well. I got the 'well at least you have 3 healthy kids' speech. And then of course they went on to tell me every person they have ever known who has had a m/c. One mom mentioned how creepy this one friend she knew who actually took pictures of her 'late-term m/c' (she lost her baby at 30 weeks so I corrected her). It just made me extremely angry and frustrated. That's why I came to this site in the first place ( I saw it on a facebook group I joined), a place were we can all talk about our babies and not have someone tell us to move on or be grateful for what we do have, seriously how does mentioning Jake somehow equal me not being grateful for my other kids?! Sorry I am just annoyed.

Owen, Avery, Samantha and forever missing Jake born still 08/01/99.