View Single Post
June 10th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to the board! I'm so sorry for all you've gone through for the last few years.

I'm a foster mom through the state of Alabama. I'm hoping to adopt through foster care too. I've looked at a LOT of those photolistings.

I don't want to be a downer at all, but I want to warn you. Many times on the listings the kids are actually already in an adoptive home or have tons of inquiries on them that are being checked already. This little child could possibly be your child to be, but please don't lose all hope if he isn't available when you can adopt.

Now, on to your real question. It seems our husbands are always a lot more hesitant that we are about adoption. My DH took 5 years before he would even consider adoption. I'd just tell him right out. This little boy has captured your heart. Let him know that adoption from the state takes a while. You have to take classes, fill out a load of paperwork, have homestudies, etc. before you are ever approved. That took us 7 months which apparently is a very quick time to get your liscense. Suggest to him that you start the process now. You can always stop the process no matter how far you are with no penalty.

I wish you the best in your search!!

Thank you to AlexAiden Mommy for my beautiful siggie!